This is from Trish. Because she likes doing these memes and I occasionally like them, too.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Got engaged. Learned how to cook. Visited the Stonehenge. Watched the Phantom of the Opera in her Majesty’s Theatre in London right after I fell on my face in the lobby.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I have no New Year resolutions. The quest to discover and lead a positive life has always been a continuing process.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My Uncle Cris.
5. What countries did you visit? England. Saudi Arabia doesn’t count because I work here.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? It’s not about what I would like to have, it’s wanting what I’m having.
2011 will be a year of transition for me. I will move to a different country, have a new husband, look for a new job, leave my old life… everything will be new. I’m excited and nervous about everything. 😀
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory and why? Late March to early April 2010. Chris and I went to London for two weeks and had a blast!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I want to lose 400 pounds. And the year isn’t over yet. 😛
9. What was your biggest failure? I don’t know. I don’t think I failed much this year. Oh I know! Not getting up early on time everyday!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Well, I did have the swine flu around the time 2009 ended and 2010 started. Gum infection last week because I ate corn chips, which I rarely eat but I just had bad luck. (No junk food again, ever!)
11. What was the best thing you bought? I can’t think of one singular fantastic purchase. I haven’t shopped much this year and I liked everything I bought.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Venus Raj. Major major booboo but she gave Pinoys something to smile and laugh about after that hostage-taking incident. And she took it all in stride. Really classy of her. –> I agree with Trish.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? One friend. I’d rather not talk about it.
14. Where did most of your money go? To my savings account.
15. What did you really, really, really get excited about? Getting engaged, planning a life with Chris after the wedding in mid-2011, Sierra giving birth to three puppies and, last but not the least, coming home to the Philippines this holiday season to be with my friends and family.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Love the Way You Lie by Eminem and Rihanna. I just learned to appreciate Rihanna this year as I was largely indifferent to her since she got popular.
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
Happier? Oh yes, definitely.
Thinner? Nope. Sadly the same. I need to lose weight. Chris doesn’t think so but I think I do!
Richer? Yes. At least I’ve saved a lot more this year. I’m richer with the other much more important aspects in life, too. 🙂
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I used more free time to read and get rid of my artist’s block and pick up the brush again.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Waste my free time doing useless internet stuff. (Like this survey? Haha.)
20. How will you spend Christmas? With my family in the Philippines.
21. How will you be spending new year’s eve? Safely at home with earplugs because there will be lots and lots of fireworks outside.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010? Again and again with the same wonderful guy who planted a garden for me. 🙂
23. How many one-night stands? Hah. None. I’m faithful.
24. What was your favorite TV program? The Walking Dead, CSI NY, and Mad Men.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.
26. What was the best book you read? The Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with Stieg Larsson, Unseen Academicals (which has the best love side-story between a chubby cook and an orc) and I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett, rereading 5 books in the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan, and a dozen more books I can’t remember right now.
27. What was your biggest musical discovery? Musicals. Not the digitally-enhanced and lip-synching wonder that is Glee. *shudders* I’m talking about the real stuff.
28. What did you want and you got? An unexpected new direction in life. Perhaps this is the wrong answer for the question, or maybe it’s just the wrong question. While I do have goals, my goals are not too specific. This year I traveled to Europe again, got engaged, learned how to swim, learned how to cook when I used to be as useful as a rusted pot in the kitchen, revived my photography hobby and got my own apartment. I didn’t realize I wanted those things until they happened and gave me so much satisfaction and happiness. (Oh, and C gave me an Amazon Kindle which is like another part of my body. It never leaves my side!)
29. What did you want and not get? Losing 400 pounds. Hahaha!
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Scott Pilgrim vs. The World! Also deserving very special mention is The Shawshank Redemption. Yes, I know it’s old but it left an impression.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn? I turned 27 and it was like a week-long celebration! I had a picnic in the park with my best friends, pumpkin muffins at work, and a home-cooked dinner with my sisters.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? It’s just about to happen. I intend to have as much fun as possible during my vacation. Quiet, satisfying fun not the party type of fun.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Gads, this is hard. Haha. Eclectic. I wear what I want how I want.
34. What kept you sane? Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy (the Colin Firth version). Okay, seriously? My books, my little sister Sofia, and Chris. And the interwebz, of course!
35. Which celebrity did you fancy the most? Still Johnny Depp.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The fact that Erap would have won if Noynoy didn’t run. WTF?! We impeached Erap 9 years ago. What the eff is wrong with you people!? Why vote for him again?
37. Who did you miss? My family and friends who live a long way away. Oh well, that’s what jets were invented for.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Jou and Kim. 🙂 Lovely friends.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Hmm, there are several. Life is an adventure. One values something more if one struggles and works for it. And, most importantly, a person’s identity and worth cannot be judged by what he or she does for a living or how much money they make.
40. Quote or Song Lyric that sums up your year: I’m really bad at answering questions like this. But since you insist:
sweepin’ the clouds away,
on my way to where the air is sweet…
Can you tell me how to get,
how to get to Sesame Street?