I need to do my 101 Things in 1001 Days list as promised. Wish me luck. I once did a 5-item list and only managed to do 1. 😀
We changed furniture today. The new desks came but some attachments and drawers are coming on Saturday. Everyone had to pack, do some minor lifting, get out of the way while they installed our stuff, and unpack again after. Ghad, you should’ve seen the dust! Now I know why I’ve been sneezing like crazy at work! Personally, I’m just glad to have a valid reason to wear jeans and sneakers on a workday.
Hamed complained that the new stuff looked a lot like the old ones and only the color is different. I told him that it’s a lot like getting a new wife: pretty much the same, only it’s 15 years younger and more blonde.
Now what I really want is a new desktop computer. But I probably need to wait for another year, minimum. That would be like getting a new boyfriend: upgraded, faster, less errors, and more good-looking.
I’ve cheated on my diet for the past three days. Shame on me. I should be more motivated. I fit in my jeans now, but I’m not thin enough yet.
My girl-friends still forward amusing emails to my ex-boyfriend. He resigned and left for good last weekend but I forgot to tell anyone.
Rachelle sent stuff to his work email and his replacement, whom we shall call Dweeb, received all of them. So Dweeb emailed her and told her that he left. He also asked her how she was connected to Jet (my ex). She, in turn, thanked him, apologized for the emails, told Dweeb they were friends, and that she was respectably married with kids. She thought that would be the end of it until she got a rather naughty message asking if they could be “constant chit-chatters”. She was offended and asked me to deal with it.
I wasn’t in a very generous and kind mood so I’m afraid I may have been too… er, short. 😀
Kuch is still away. I asked him to buy me Gummybears.
JJ tagged me! Here are the rules:
Each player of this games starts with 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state the rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
6 Weird Things About Me:
- I cannot get the song Bluer than Blue by Cacai Velasquez out of my head. I’ve been singing it at least once a day, almost everyday since high school. Just for the record, no, I am not “bluer than blue or sadder than sad”.
- I regularly fall in love with fictional characters. And they’re not your regular knights-in-shining-armor either. Examples: Lestat, Genjo Sanzo.
- I’m addicted to Solitaire and Spider Solitaire.
- I wait until I really can’t stand it before I run to the bathroom to pee. My Mom and aunts said that when I was a toddler, I used to run and dance around, waiting ’til the last second before telling them that I had to go.
- During my early teenage years, I felt self-conscious because I sneezed too loud. I tried to stop it from happening everytime and, as a consequence, I didn’t sneeze for three years. I would feel it coming but it would automatically shut down. I was liberated from my unsneezing state by college jogging and dormitory dust.
- I am not cynical, but I firmly believe that all men want the same thing. (And that’s “affirmation”, you dirty-minded freak. 😀)